Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Acquisitive adj. Keen to Acquire.

Home sick... get high... listen to exceptional music... talk and learn with friends... then have alone time in the bathroom, or somewhere, to cultivate new ideas. Always have a pen and paper, or a screen to take notes. Don't get stuck without them! I could wear this with this... I could say that with that. So swift and so flickering.

Sometimes it's hard to recall such a continuous acquisition of excellent ideas.

I've mentioned previously here how the fictional character I've most related to - and will always relate best to - is a young girl: Milly-Molly-Mandy. I hope to shortly begin a series of posts, modeled after the awkwardness demonstrated in this photograph, a portrait by Mr D. Hammet, himself (I like to think of him as the Terry Richardson of his day)...




... Because society is slowly coming to the realisation that the era of personal style blogs must come to an end. For me, this space has always been more about the inspiration... the day to day stuff... the things that grind my gears enough to get me excited about something, or what, to wear. I think it's more about the self-branding... One of my all time favourite style blogs belongs to the fabulous Rumi Neely. I really think she's got it down.

But that's not all, is it? There's still more. Because, at the end of the day, what we wear on the outside can make us feel really good. It's like a blatant 'this is me today' to the world - whether the world wants to listen or not. And when I'm wearing something that is super comfortable, and super clean, and makes me feel super cool, I get happy, and I do a little happy skip. Then I stop for a little while and just think about how lucky I am that I have a job, and a nice apartment and nice clothes to wear, when some poor people have nothing.

I think it'd be nice to have one little photo that would encapsulate and summarise that feeling, when one achieved it.

And that's the extent of my interest in fashion (except for how buttons are made. That's quite fascinating). It doesn't get any deeper than that. Oh, and I want to be a Vans Girl so hard. Broadcasting from Melbourne for the coolest brand I can think of? Of THAT, I'm sure I'd be capable. But that's it.

No comments: