Thursday, March 31, 2011

On Introductions and Returning To Roots.

For those of you coming over from Sometimes Sweet, welcome! For the rest of you, hey again! It's nice to have you back. I thank you for the understanding surrounding my lack of posts the last couple of days - forgive me for taking a 5 day mini-break and getting loose and loving every minute of it! You do understand. I went to said wedding, but I didn't wear my sequinned flapper dress - don't sigh! It will get it's rounds soon enough. No, it just wasn't right for the occasion; I needed to get a little more dressed up, modest and comfortable - and I'm so glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have stumbled upon the most delightful little lavender frock from Forever New you've ever seen. Fits me like a glove and is the most fun to wear. I'll enlighten you as soon as I come into ownership of some photographs from the afternoon/evening.

In other retail news, whilst in Brisbane I also managed to purchase a deliciously luxurious, double-breasted winter coat from Forever New - in a lovely soft cream colour (I really wanted the khaki olive, but they had none in my size - later), four pairs of obligatory and very comfortable black tights (Rubi Shoes sell the best ones, and they have a two for ten dollar deal), two or three little frocks of varying styles and colours, a peachy hoodie and a military style cropped cardigan. I can't remember everything (oh yes, there's more), but I sure scooped out, I tell you what.

As far as blog and articles go, too, I have quite a number of exciting ones coming up, so do keep an eye out! I've been researching for a couple of months now and I'm really looking forward to presenting you with some informative and fact-ful (a real word?) bloggy content. I think you'll like the directions I'm planning to take... I believe I've been concentrating too hard on finding new and to-date trends and fashion shit to post, rather than remembering what I really write about here - the things I love! So back to my roots I go: looking through all the old picture archives stored on my computer, becoming re-inspired by the things I used to love but never got round to sharing, rediscovering the good stuff - like when you dig through your wardrobe and find all those glorious pieces that have somehow worked their way to the back, but are so ready to come out and be fabulous again. The classics. We all have them, so now I'll be working on airing them out, and sharing them with you. Hopefully, you'll love them too!

Bookmark now, because you won't regret it.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey B!
I really love your blog and style in general. It's really great to get a glimpse in someone's personal fashion sense and tastes.
Anyways, I was wondering if I could send you a few pictures and a story regarding a new line of necklaces I'm coming out with. They've been designed with a local non-profit arts organization to serve as a way to build some support for their programs. Let me know on here or email, and we can get in touch! Certainly, I don't want you to just shill for the heck of it, only if you truly believe it's something worth exposing to your readers.
Thanks, and stay lovely!
Luis
www.articlefashions.com

B said...

Luis,
I checked your line out and am impressed! Please go to my contact page and shoot me an email with further details!
B

Jessi said...

I just found your blog via Danielle at Sometimes Sweet....where have you been all of my life?!

Tawnie. said...

Love the blog you have here :)

can't wait to read more.

-Tawnie
http://lillyellacollections.blogspot.com

♡Shayla♡ said...

Lovely blog, B. So glad you're a sponsor on Sometimes Sweet. :) I'm glad to have found you through her.

:)
Keep it up darling girl. I enjoy your reads.

Melanie @ Tip Toe Thirty said...

Found your blog from sometimes sweet. You are totally sweet yourself.

Can't wait to read more. Your style looks so fun... get a camera soon!

Sarah Jean said...

Hey there! I came over from Sometimes Sweet, love your blog. Also, super excited to see that you're from Melbourne. I lived there for almost a year (moved back to the US last summer). I lived off of Sydney Road in Brunswick. Some of the shops on that road made me think I had died and went to heaven!

Min said...

Just stumbled across your blog and I love it! Super cute. Can't wait to read more. x

Unknown said...

Really cool blog. Would love if you check out also mine. Shall we follow each other? :) just let me know, merci SH

THERESA S said...

Hi B! Awesome blog! Please check mine out!

www.easytheretigerrr.blogspot.com

P.S. totally followed!