Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How Would An Indie Girl Get Around?

And the answer isn't a lot, thank you very much. I've been half-watching Top Gear this evening and now I'm inspired.

I'd like to introduce to you my current, realistic dream modes of transport - the three vehicles I would purchase this very moment should circumstances and budgetary allowances provide:

The new Nissan Micra Ti in Prague Nightshade - a deep, dark colour, not quite black. 1.5L engine, with the manual gearbox and cute-as-pie new shape (I'm so happy they've brought out these options in the new model, because I wasn't as impressed with it's immediate predecessor - only available in 1.3L and automatic transmission, with a more dorky exterior). Though I will say this - I got to drive my friend Wicker's little Pinky around the city one weekend, and found it to be the handiest, friendliest tiny car yet - despite looking like a less coordinated version of the modern VW Beetle. It was still my favourite car shape until the 2011 model came along, however. Actually, I'm tossing up between the Prague (First image) or the vibrant red.



As a less formal mode of travel, I'll never be able to surpass the classic Vespa GTV 250ie. All inconveniences of scooter transport aside, the GTV represents  classic, genuine and luxurious style, with it's tan leather trim, soft avocado inspired metallic paint job and chrome highlights. All you'd need then is a well fitting black, open-faced helmet and a long, warm scarf.



Lastly but not leastly, the trusty pushbike - but don't tell my Nan because she'd be horrified. She very much dislikes the idea of pushbikes in the city. A heads up? This is the coolest pushbike site ever. Well, in Australia. And this is the coolest bike - the Mojo Bike Dutchie which you help design yourself. Choose your colour and whether or not you'd like to throw in the obligatory brown wicker basket, then punch in your delivery details. Soon enough, you'd have yourself one of these beauties. And if you get one before me - well, I'm green with envy in advance! NB: I'll probably still be trying to choose between the black and the blue when you take yours back for it's first service.


So, do you approve? Just you wait - I'll be buzzing around Melbourne in/on one of these before you know it. Oh, and in closing...


Mmm, Vespa love.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

those bikes are cute!

ashley @ the 29th floor said...

I have a White Vespa GTS 250, it's awesome, especially in Hawaii...