Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lana Kington: Icon.

...and The Next Big Thing. Our blue-eyed, sunny blonde haired ex-pat is starting to make some serious waves - reminiscent of those her nation's beaches are famous for - in big old London town. Having recently celebrated her 21st birthday (with a surprise visit from her darling mum), she's as delicious, charming and jovial as ever and I am honoured to feature her on my little bloggy. We love you Lana!



So Lana, how long has it been since you left Australia, and how long have you been based in London?

Long enough for my skin turn 6 shades paler, memorise the name of about 4 footballers and appreciate a pint sized glass of cider! (One year and two months.)

CIDER is the bee's knees - it's impossible to be unhappy with a cider in your paw... What were you doing in Australia prior to leaving?

Flicking things at my brothers in the airport lounge. Prior to THAT I was forcing my housemate Sian to bake for me in between my lectures at QUT, drinking copious amounts of watermelon sours on the weekend and having sushi with my oldest friend, Adelle.

So how does it feel to be so far from home, and what do you miss most?

I actually forget sometimes that I'm on the other side of the world! Amongst hundreds of other things I miss my mum's hugs, being barefoot, seeing my brothers growing up (and lecturing them about girls.)

What are your close future goals/aspirations?

To find the perfect job that has me jumping out of bed each morning, to never lose my closest friends, travel the States in a mustang, marry a rockstar and win the lottery. In no particular order, in fact, put the lottery win first.

And what do you hope to achieve whilst over-seas in particular?

I'd like to put together a great show reel, continue to meet people from around the globe, tick Berlin from my to-do list and have cucumber sandwiches with the Queen.

I've heard the Queen is a good sort - you should let us know how that one goes. What do your typical good days involve?

Coffee, tube rides, castings and finally, SUNSHINE! 

Sunshine in London is a pretty big call. And on weekends, or in your time off?

Sundays are the best days in London! The markets range from the flower market on Columbia Road, brick and brack on Brick Lane to every foodies fantasy at Borough Food Market. In between the markets you will find me drinking beer and throwing banter with those I love most. Or eating a Sunday roasts at my friend Matthew's house - he actually has a chef.

So, proud/interesting/amazing experiences, ie work or travel-wise? Spill.

Amazing: Moulin Rouge in Paris, bike riding in Amsterdam, walking along my first pebbled beach in Brighton, having my mum surprise me for my 21st, trying haggis in Scotland.

Proud: when my little brother got accepted to study Biomedical science at university (though now proves slightly more of a threat for favourite child status. Slightly.)

Interesting: hearing my voice on TV and realising just how manly I sound.

What you'd like to experience next? -

Benicassium festival, winning that aforementioned lottery, not losing at our local trivia night, getting the guts to ride a bike around London. 

And in terms of favourite city haunts, where do you hang?

Brick Lane Bagel Shop, Beyond Retro Fashion, the Book Club Cafe.

Sweet modelling assignments/jobs so far:

Soyoushoes.co.uk, Rock 'n' Rose, Dirty Blonde, Tony and Guy, Apple, Asos, t4 music channel, a few bands- always with amazing photographers! Except one who had really greasy hair, sweat profusely and smelt of salt and vinegar chips.

Ohh gross! haha. As far as personal style goes, what are you currently loving?

The diversity of Spring fashion and the fact that London is starting to don some colour! We are talking bright fuscias, burnt orange and canary yellows. Loving the style of Jessica Hart, Alexa Chung, Tom Ford, and VICE magazine blogger, Bertie Brandes.

Is there anything you're fully into wearing at the moment? Like, a Lana Uniform?

My black boots, maroon bowler hat and band tee's (the more worn out, the better.)

Lana's comfiest home outfit for rainy, hot chocolate days?:

American Apparel track pants, thermal socks and any clean tee. (NB: This attire, of course, is not restricted to rainy days.)

Any stand-out habits right now? Good and bad.

Overusing the word 'awesome.' No good habits, well, apart from being awesome.

I'm totally having the same problem. And last (but definitely not least), how do you like your eggs, madam?

Unfertilised.
Photo: Marlon Delacruz 


Photo: Ruth Rose

Photo: Ruth Rose


Photo: Roberto Zambelli
  

No comments: